Thanks to all who made it to ‘Flying Dinosaurs: A night at the museum’ on Thursday evening! This glitzy Australian Geographic Society event to launch the book – held at Sydney’s historic Australian Museum – was an enormous success, with all 120 tickets sold out.
Flying Dinosaurs author, John Pickrell, gave a 45-minute talk about some of the most surprising new revelations about dinosaurs (see below for a taster). This was followed by questions and a book signing, and drinks under the huge dinosaur skeleton which is stood in front of the Tyrannosaurs exhibit.
The range and breadth of questions asked after the lecture and throughout the evening were fantastic and it was great to see that people had been so engaged with the content.
The book is now in stores across Australia so look out for it and go buy your copy now! Photography © Bryan O’Donovan.
Eight surprising facts about dinosaurs:
1. We’re in the golden age of dinosaur discovery
2. Dinosaurs aren’t dead – they are more successful now than ever
3. Most carnivorous dinosaurs had feathers
4. Some dinosaurs had not two but four wings
5. We know what colour many dinosaurs were
6. All the dinosaur sounds you’ve heard are wrong
7. There’s no chance of dino DNA in fossils – but all is not lost!
8. What we’ve learnt is incredible, but the best may lie ahead…